Friday, July 29, 2005

love in difficult times

Ah, the sweet pain of separation....... No, this has nothing to do with me. Second-hand emotion. My friend, darling girl, is in love (although she insists 'like' is more appropriate than 'love', i insist otherwise). and just as she was beginning to enjoy the feeling, the object of her affection had to go away for a few days. And thus start endless pinings and pointless questions of 'When is he coming back?' , 'Do you know there are still 7 (or countdown) days to go?' ... None of which i can effectively address, of course.
So in the meanwhile, as you would expect, I have to listen to sudden eruptions of 'so cute' and 'so mad' and 'oooooohhh', when there's no one around but us and not raise my eyebrow to wonder why that was. and then there are sudden sightings in obscure photographs where the subject occupies not more than 6.235 pixels of the jpeg image.
I have to admit though, that inspite of my feigned exasperation, I kind of find it cute.... good gosh, did i say 'cute'??? I knew she was bad influence!!!

No comments: