Saturday, July 02, 2005

moving

Allergic to - moving houses. And the more you hate something, the more of it you have to do. I knew Murphy didn't like me! anyways, it so happens that in the next week, I shall be moving. Not once, but twice. so then my super- excitingly-busy schedule is as follows:
 
  • Wake up
  • Have tea
  • Read some dissertation material (ok, fine! i'll change it.... open some dissertation material to read)
  • Look out of the window, think of how I'll miss this house
  • (still staring out of the window)
  • Trudge to my room
  • Refill suitcases.... exclaim in wonder at all the stuff you owned and never knew!
  • Exclaim in wonder --- Did I really read all these papers?
  • Exclaim in wonder -- Did I really have all these clothes to wear ?(I hated my black-striped top anyways)
  • Cram more junk into the suitcase - I've thrown out a lot, but i might just need these sometime (an old plastic cover, when there is a flood and i have to protect my walkman remote from getting wet; blue benetton t-shirt beyond its last days to use in case of a break-in where all my other clothes beyond their  last days are stolen; dozens of rubber bands joining their cousins for when i have to pack all my belongings in little plastic bags and secure them so that they dont spill - i might not have the use of my suitcases, they were taken in the break-in, remember!)
  • Stand in the middle of the new packing mess, marvel that I got so much done, and decide to take and break... till tomorrow.
  • Feel guilty about not having done enough work on the dissertation, switch on the computer, sign-in to yahoo messenger (it's rude not to say hello to those who might be online). Check the weather, read today's horoscope, check out the news (NO, Diana did NOT sleep with JFK, Jr., did she?), forward important mails - Urja needs to know about the sale at Old Navy after all! Update the blog.
  • Attend to the growling stomach
  • Such a busy day - no point tiring myself out further. it's the same hectic schedule tomorrow. So go to bed to recharge my batteries.

And there you were, thinking life was tough for you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay!!! i can comment! finally!
why do you have to move twice?

Neeraj Gangal said...

hmm..must have been a "moving" expierience for you..the paradigm "shift"..

Anonymous said...

you have an unhealthy obsession with little plastic bags...